The crunch of carrots will make anyone happy during any meal. However, sometimes, it is not easy to have regular meals during pregnancy due to morning sickness and other issues. However, Carrot will never let you down. No matter how happy or down you are, few benefits of carrots during pregnancy will always cheer you up mentally and nutritionally.
Table of Contents
- Why are Carrots so Beneficial During Pregnancy?
- How can You Get the Best Benefits from Carrots During Pregnancy?
- What should You Keep in Mind While Consuming Carrots in Your Pregnancy?
- Get Some Beta for Better Pregnancy
- Related Posts
- 5 Best Commercial Citrus Juicer to Refresh Your Every day
- 15 Best Juicer For Celery 2020 -Top Picks, Reviews & Buying Guide
- Top 7 Commercial Cold Press Juicer | Best Picks & Reviews In 2020
- 5 Best Jack LaLanne Juicer To Add Power In Your Daily Diet
- 5 Best Affordable Juicer That will Not Hurt your Budget
- 9 Best Juicing Books That will Make You a Juicing Expert
- Related Posts
Why are Carrots so Beneficial During Pregnancy?
1. Immune Strengthener
A robust immune system is essential during pregnancy. It will not only keep the mother away from any health issues but will also keep the baby safe. With a high content of Vitamin C, the carrot boosts the immune system both during and after the pregnancy period.
As your body goes through a lot during pregnancy, so do your immune system. Therefore, to prevent any undesirable condition, carrots will be a great help.
2. Great for Fetal Development
The first thing your Gynecologist worry about is fetal development. This development requires both vitamins and minerals. Carrot itself conations a wide range of vitamins and minerals that are essential for fetal development.
Moreover, those essential micronutrients are also beneficial for mother. Thus to stay healthy and keep the baby growing, there are no other better options than Carrots.
3. It Prevents Anemia
Anemia is one of the most common problems in pregnant mothers. The solution is simple. Get enough Iron. However, you need Vitamin C to help absorb the Iron into the body. Doctors mostly prescribe Iron and Vitamin C supplement separately or in the form of a multivitamin.
I am sure you will prefer the natural source, which contains both. Yes, Carrot has both of them. Thus, to get ample Iron, and stay away from Anemia, get Carrots while you are pregnant.
4. Calm Your Constipation
Morning sickness is probably taking a toll on you. However, the worst is the constipation. I have seen my wife suffering from both, and I tried to resolve the later first. There is a big list of over the counter drugs for constipation.
Nevertheless, Celery and Carrots worked best for my wife. This red veggie is full of dietary fibers. It not only keeps the colons clean but also cures constipation.
5. Liver Cleanser
One of the most significant benefits of beta-carotene is its liver cleansing ability. We know how rich a carrot is with this magical micronutrient. You need a working digestive system for any has sell free pregnancy.
As one of the essential parts of the digestion, the liver plays a vital role to ensure nutrients for you and your baby.
6. Blood Sugar Suppressor
Gestational Diabetes is a matter of significant risk for both mother and the growing fetus. It can cause substantial harm to fetus development and future complications. Thus, it is essential to keep the blood sugar at a safe level during pregnancy.
Carrots are known for their sugar suppression quality. If you want to keep your blood sugar under control naturally, go for carrots. It is one of the best vegetables for smoothies that will bring super benefits during pregnancy.
7. Keep the Tension Under Control
Pregnancy is a time of high stress. Right after get the ‘good news’ there are so many things going in your mind. It is tough to keep that tension under control. Additionally, if you have a family history of hypertension, things can go worse.
Cooked or as smoothies, Carrots will help to reduce gestational hypertension in mommies. The last thing you will want is any complication from this hypertension.
8. Make the Fetal Bone Stronger
Calcium is crucial for strengthening fetal bone and cartilage. If you do not get enough Calcium during pregnancy, your baby can have several bone related issues. Although you can quickly get a calcium supplement, however, it is always helpful to get it from a natural source.
Carrot has 33mg Calcium in every 100-gram. Therefore, it is both cheap and convenient to get a part of your daily calcium intake from Carrot.
9. Save You from Cramp
Cramping is a common issue in pregnant women. However, it is super irritating and inconvenient. This muscle stiffness worsens the overall body conditions and makes the pregnancy period uncomfortable.
With high Phosphorus content, Carrots will ensure proper functions of your muscles. It will help you to get rid of any cramping and muscle stiffness.
10. Pool of Antioxidant
Carrots are a great source of anti-oxidants. One of the most important is Beta-carotene. It is essential for better eyesight, glowing skin, and shiny teeth. Moreover, various other vital nutrients in carrot keep you and your baby healthy during pregnancy.
How can You Get the Best Benefits from Carrots During Pregnancy?
You will be safe from gestational diabetes, hypertension, and other pregnancy-related complications.
- It is always better to consume carrots either cooked or as smoothies. Use a good portable blender to keep the smoothies handy on the go. You can also use a frozen drinks blender to make carrot juice.
- Get the fresh ones from the grocery. If the tip breaks easily, it is fresh. Otherwise, go somewhere else benefits of carrots during pregnancy.
- Smaller carrots are tastier than the bigger ones. By the way, baby carrots are the regular carrots cut into super small sizes.
- It is better to scrap the skin. However, do not discard it entirely as most of the nutrients are present on the surface.
- Wash the carrots thoroughly no matter how clean it looks.
What should You Keep in Mind While Consuming Carrots in Your Pregnancy?
- No matter what you eat during pregnancy, make sure you consult with your Gynecologist first.
- Carrots have a high content of Beta-carotene. It is great for your health. However, an excessive amount can cause harm to the fetus. Make sure you know the exact amount of consumption according to your pregnancy duration.
- Excess Vitamin A can hamper the fetal growth. Therefore, talk to your OBG to know how much is best for you.
- There are numerous benefits of juicing, especially from veggies. However, regular consumption of carrot juice during pregnancy will create headache and lethargy. Know before you start carrot juice in pregnancy.
Get Some Beta for Better Pregnancy
If you know the exact and safe consumption amount, there are not many vegetables as beneficial as a carrot. There could be debates about carrots benefits and side effects. However, in every form, either raw, boiled or smoothies, this orange crunchy veggie will keep you and your baby healthy.
Thus, to add the color of happiness during or after the pregnancy period start getting carrots. Make sure you talk with your Gynecologist before starting carrots and pregnancy!