The summer is so cruel, with the scorching sun right above the head. Are you feeling dehydrated? Yes, the same is the case with me. But what can keep you hydrated provided that it’s delicious and healthy as well?
Well, no need to think so much. I am here for you with a quick fix. Why don’t you give a shot to an easy watermelon smoothie recipe? It’s soothing and refreshing with incredible health benefits.
Intake of fruits becomes interesting when taken as shakes or smoothies. In my opinion, watermelon is the perfect choice for a summer smoothie. It’s creamy and juicy.
I have a massive fascination for smoothies. Till today I have tried many smoothie recipes using a variety of fruits. But trust me, watermelon smoothie recipe is the easiest. It’ll take no longer than 3 minutes!
Watermelons are abundant in the water giving the smoothie a juicy and creamy texture. Are you craving for a smoothie with watermelon and don’t know how to make watermelon smoothies? Let’s make a healthy watermelon smoothie in my unique style.
Easy Watermelon Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Add a few elements, and you are ready to go for a watermelon recipe. The essential items include:
- Watermelon: I usually chop the watermelon into small cubical pieces. Make sure its size is ½ inch. Most importantly, I keep it frozen and seedless.
- Milk: I add a dollop of milk to give it a creamy texture. You may use dairy or vegan milk like nuts milk, soy milk, oats milk, etc.
- Vanilla yogurt: Adding one or two scoops of vanilla yogurt adds flavor to the smoothie.
For making my watermelon smoothie extra special, I give a touch up of some special additives.
- Mint: Are you looking for something to give your watermelon shake a tangy taste? How about adding some pinches of mint! You will love the flavor.
- Sweetener: Instead of sugar, I choose honey for my smoothie. You may use any sweetener of your choice.
- Basil leaves: The addition of basil leaves will crank it up! Just a bit of basil leaves is enough.
- Maple syrup: Add a spoonful of maple syrup rich in anti-oxidants. It’s a low-calorie syrup.
- Lime: Tossing your watermelon smoothie with lime uplifts the watermelon flavor to a great extent.
Steps to make watermelon smoothies
Three easy steps. You heard me right three easy steps and your healthy watermelon smoothie is ready to be served:
- Combine: Combine all the prime and optional ingredients.
- Blend: Spill all the additives to a blending machine and mix. I would suggest you take care of the consistency while blending on a bullet or ninja blender machine.
- Serve: Your creamy and mouth-watering is ready to be served. Garnish it with a pinch of mint or basil leaves. You may decorate the glass with a chunk of watermelon and lemon, like me!
- Fat: 0%
- Protein: 2%
- Vitamin C: 14%
- Vitamin A: 5%
- Carbohydrate: 7%
My word of advice
- I would ask you to use frozen watermelons for this purpose. It will give your smoothie extra chill
- Don’t make the watermelon wedges more than a half-inch for easy blending.
- If you didn’t get the chance to freeze your fruit chunks beforehand, let me tell you my secret trick. Cutting the watermelons into small pieces, place them distantly on a cookies sheet brushed with wax. Freeze no more than an hour and start your smoothie prep.
- I would say it’s better not to use ice in this smoothie. Otherwise, your smoothie will get too watery and ruin its consistency.
Are you getting late for the office? Give yourself just five minutes and have this watermelon shake. It’s a multi-purpose smoothie. Be it before or after a workout; this smoothie is always there to refresh you. Kids crave it too.
Isn’t it an easy watermelon smoothie recipe? Just give this healthy watermelon a try, and you will admit it too. Nutritious and juicy enough to set a refreshing tone for the day!
Table of Contents
Related Posts: How About Trying A Simple Lime Water Recipe!